Virginia Transport Limited is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Virginia Transport Limited in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Virginia Transport Limited
- Contact details Maghera, Virginia, Co. Cavan
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is Virginia Transport Limited
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Virginia Transport Limited is a family owned business located in Maghera, Virginia, Co. Cavan, Ireland; Ballycoolin, Co. Dublin, Ireland and Langley Brook Business Park, London Road, Middleton, Tamworth, B78 2BP, UK with Over 30 years’ experience in Temperature Controlled, Dry Freight & Containerized Transport.
Virginia Transport Limited currently offer Groupage, Part & Full-Load services within a variety of industries including Foods (FMCG), Electronics, Pharma and Manufacturing.
Virginia Transport Limited strive towards providing a quality focused transport and logistics solution to our customers which can be seen by our ISO 9001:2008, GDP & Border Control accreditations.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Jennifer Flynn, GDPR officer
- Jennifer.email@example.com, GDPR@virginialogistics.ie
Purpose for processing your data
- Virginia Transport Limited GDPR Customer Policy
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) very significantly increases the obligations and responsibilities for organisations and businesses in how they collect, use and protect personal data. At the centre of the new law is the requirement for organisations and businesses to be fully transparent about how they are using and safeguarding personal data, and to be able to demonstrate accountability for their data processing activities. (Source: http://gdprandyou.ie/)
We hold the following information about your Company:
- Company Name
- Registration Number
- VAT Number
- Company Address
- Email Address
- Point of Contact
- Trade References
We use data relating to your business to facilitate trading with you and your Company and for general correspondence with your staff on a regular basis. We at Virginia Transport Limited will never pass on or sell this information without your permission.
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
In order for us to provide you Deliveries, Groupage, Part & Full-Load services within a variety of industries including Foods (FMCG), Electronics, Pharma and Manufacturing Virginia Transport Limited need to collect personal data for the processing of deliveries and Haulage Logistics.
Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Contractual - Virginia Transport Limited use data relating to your business to facilitate trading with you and your Company and for general correspondence with your staff on a regular basis.
In any event, Virginia Transport Limited are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Virginia Transport Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
Virginia Transport Limited will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Virginia Transport Limited in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Virginia Transport Limited procedures.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights:
Virginia Transport Limited facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Virginia Transport Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Virginia Transport Limited will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Virginia Transport Limited or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Virginia Transport Limited data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
If we have received your personal data from another source:
If Virginia Transport Limited have collected your personal data from an external source we will ensure the processing of any data is fair and transparent. Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.